What in the world happened on Sunday? I was feeling pretty down and out after watching the Chicago Bears not only lose to the Redskins 45-41, but also their leaders on both ends of the field. And then I watched the highlights from all over the league and I felt a sense of relief for the Bears injury report.
How could I possibly say the Bears “lucked out” when quarterback Jay Cutler is out for potentially 4-6 weeks (it could be longer) with a groin tear and Lance Briggs is out for 6 weeks with a fracture in his left shoulder?
Well, check out this other laundry list of injuries from last Sunday:
Sam Bradford: Torn ACL
- He’s out for the year and the Rams are currently auditioning quarterbacks – yup it’s week 8.
Brian Cushing: Broken Leg and torn LCL
- Texans fans were upset when runningback Arian Foster injured his hamstring after the first possession against Kansas City Sunday, little did they know it was going to get much worse.
- Linebacker Brian Cushing was later carted off the field. This guy can’t catch a break, he tore his ACL in the same knee last October.
Reggie Wayne: Torn ACL
- This may very well be the end of Mr. Wayne’s illustrious career as a wide receiver for the Colts.
Doug Martin: Torn Labrum (shoulder muscle)
- This injury requires season ending surgery for the year 2 Tampa Bay running back.
Jermichael Finley: Out of Intensive Care
- The Packers’ tight end suffered a serious neck injury when he took a blow to the head from Cleveland’s Gipson during the fourth quarter. He’s regained all movement, but football is the farthest thing from his mind.
- His recovery process it TBD
And that is just the list of season ending injuries. This bad juju better be out of the NFL. I wish all these guys a smooth and healthy recovery.
*Check your fantasy teams friends, if yours is anything like mine you may not have any active players in your starting lineup!